Sunday, September 21, 2008

Jessica's Made-Up Thai Dish


You'll have to forgive the lack of preciseness in this recipe =) I made it up with all the things that looked or smelled yummy to me! And it turned out great!

You will need:
Chicken (I used 1 boneless skinless chicken breast)
Rice Noodles (I used an entire package)
Bamboo Shoots (I used one 1 can - I suggest using half a can.)
Chow Mein Noodles (I used about 1/3 of a tin)
Water Chestnut (I used 1 can - I suggest using half a can.)
Other vegetables (I used peppers)
Soy (about 1/4 cup)
Sesame Oil (1 TBSP maybe)
Garlic (no idea - do it to preference!)
Basil (no idea - do it to preference!)
Chili Pepper (no idea - do it to preference!)
Salt


This is what I did:

  1. Cook the chicken with salt. Cube.
  2. Prepare Rice Noodles as directed on package.
  3. Add everything except Chow Mein noodles. Let everything heat up.
  4. Add Chow Mein Noodles and serve immediately.
I prepared everything (except the chicken) in a Wok. I don't know if I did it right, but I had fun, and it came out tasting yummy!!

No comments: