Recipe from Taste of Home Best of the Holidays magazine
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1-1/2 cups Southern style hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced red or green peppers
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches),
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- In a large skillet cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, drain. Add the potatoes, onion and pepper, cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- Add eggs; cook and stir until set.
- Spoon filling into center of each tortilla, sprinkle with cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
- Wrap each burrito in wax paper and foil. Freeze for up to 1 month.
- To reheat, remove foil and wax paper. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
We have made these with the larger tortillas and put a bit more filling in them. With the 8 inch we need to eat two each to be full. With the larger size we only need one each.