Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Cracker Candy

INGREDIENTS

1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 box soda crackers
Nuts (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350 F

2. Line cookie sheet with tin foil and cover the bottom with soda crackers

3. Melt butter and sugar in sauce pan. Stir it until it boils then stir for one more minute.

4. Pour hot mixture evenly over crackers and bake for 5 minutes (should be bubbly) Remove from oven.

5. Sprinkle chocolate chips over crackers. When melted spread evenly.

6. Sprinkle on nuts if desired.

7. Place cookie sheet in the fridge until cool. Peel off foil and break into pieces.

Review: Nuts on this should not be optional ;) I have used walnuts and almonds and I think the addition of nuts really takes it up a notch. Or two, or three. It goes from being 'good' to 'can't keep my hands off this.' You're sure to gain pounds when you make this :) It is SO YUMMY.

1 comment:

Chelsea Rae said...

I have always been curious about this candy, it looks so interesting!

I am really enjoying your recipes but I think that you should put a review at the end of the recipe, tell us what you thought of the recipe!