1 c butter (2 sticks), melted
2 c sugar
2 t vanilla
3/4 c cocoa
1 c flour
1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1 c chopped nuts, optional
For cream cheese topping:
1/3 c sugar
8 oz cream cheese, softened or slightly warmed
1/2 t vanilla
1. In large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla, eggs, and cocoa, beating after each addition.
2. Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Add nuts if using. Pour batter into greased 9 x 13 pan.
3. In separate bowl, mix sugar and cream cheese until no lumps remain. Stir in egg and vanilla. Pour over brownie batter. Cut through batter with knife several times for a marbled effect.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes until cream cheese topping is slightly browned.
5. Cool and store in refrigerator.Origianally found HERE
Review: Before these brownies I was of the mindset that brownies from a box were the best tasting brownies ever. Now however, these are the best brownies ever.