Thursday, May 22, 2008
Cinnabon-like Cinnamon Rolls
1/2 cup warm water
2 pkg dry yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
3 1/2 ox package vanilla pudding mix (and milk to make it)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon salt
6+ cups flour*
*I needed to add almost a cup extra of flour!
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
4 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Mix water, yeast and sugar together until dissolved. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl prepare pudding mix according to package directions. Add butter, eggs and salt; mix to blend well.
3. Add yeast mixture and blend. Gradually add flour.
4. Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead dough until smooth. Place in a greased bowl and let rise until double. Punch down and let rise again.
5. Roll out on a floured surface. Take 1 cup of butter and spread over surface.
6. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl, sprinkle over top of buttered dough. Roll up tightly and cut every two inches with a sharp knife.
7. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet 2 inches apart, lightly press each roll down. Cover and let rise again until double. Bae at 350 F for 15 - 20 minutes. Remove when they start to look golden - don't over bake!
Frost warm rolls with a cream cheese frosting.
REVIEW: These are truly amazing!! My best friend discovered this recipe when we were like 14 years old ... we were convinced they were the way to a mans heart. Must be true - we're both married :)
Posted by Jessica Morris at 4:17 PM