Friday, June 13, 2008

Curried Carrot Spread

Curried Carrot Spread

Ingredients

3 cups sliced carrots (I used whole baby carrots, worked fine, less work!)
3/4 cup chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. curry powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 15 oz can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained*
3/4 tsp. salt


*Without googling it does anyone know what cannellini beans are? I didn't. And neither did three different people at the grocery store. A quick google search revealed that they are just white kidney beans, but since I didn't have those I used Purple Hull Peas since I had them in my pantry. I don't know what difference cannellini beans would make, but the Purple Hull Peas taste good :)

Directions

1. In a medium saucepan cook carrots until tender. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet cook onion and garlic until tender. Stir in curry powder and Cumin.
3. Transfer carrots and onion mix to food processor, add beans and salt. Process until smooth.
4. Transfer to a serving bowl and refrigerate at least 4 hours and up to 3 days.

Serve with crackers or vegetables.

1 comment:

Chelsea Rae said...

This looks like something we would like, I am curious for your review though... what did it taste like? What did you eat it with? Did it make too much or were you able to eat it all??

Thanks ;)