Friday, May 15, 2009

Summer Salad


Ingredients:
Spinach leaves
Grilled Chicken (cooled)
Strawberries
Pepper Jack Cheese

Directions:
1. Tear the spinach into bite size pieces, cut the chicken and the strawberries into small pieces and cube the cheese.
2. Put it all in a bowl and eat as a salad or put into homemade tortillas.

Review: Next time I make this I'll be sure to have poppyseed dressing on hand, as I think that would go together really well. But the strawberries were juicy enough that we really didn't notice the lack of dressing. The zip in the cheese went so well with the sweetness from the strawberries, and the chicken and spinach complimented it all really well!

5 comments:

Catherine said...

That's a good idea. I just bought a bunch of summer fruit today since it was on sale.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

hi Jessica - I wasn't sure which blog to comment on but feel free to link up with last week's post for Tasty Tuesday. That would be no problem. Just add in a link to my blog so that others can join in. We'd love to have your fun recipes. :)

So Sunny Day said...

Jessica~

what yummy recipes you have here... andthe photos are to die for!!!! My mouth is watering as we speak... time for lunch i guess! Do you take your own photos? lovely!

Just wanted to thank you for stopping by "too Blessed to Stress" and commenting earlier this week. I've got some fun projects on my hands (with all the new treasure finds) and I hope you'll stop by often to see how these and others turn out.

Thanks again, and looking forward to seing you at "too Blessed to Stress"

Blessings, Emily

Christiana said...

That sounds delicious!!! Thanks for stopping by today. :)

Light Angel said...

This looks so yummy...will be making it this summer, thanks!